The Technical Support division provides inbound phone support for AMA TechTel’s diverse line of
communication products, monitors critical network functions, and performs repairs and upgrades on computer hardware and software.
- Responsible for monitoring the following products 24 hours a day:
- Reporting any network issues to management within the time line allotted by company procedures 24 hours a day and escalating as necessary.
- Handling calls from residential and commercial customers to resolve any technical issues on all products provided.
- Making follow up courtesy calls once the reported trouble is resolved to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Reporting voice troubles to ILEC’s after hours and on weekends.
- Having a thorough understanding of all products offered to ensure that reps are comfortable and confident with any issue that arises.
- Diagnosing / repairing customer’s personal computers that have been brought in for billable labor.
- Learning and understanding the functions of other departments to be able to execute them after hours.
- Monitoring ACD queues and managing talk times to ensure hold times are minimal.
- Communicating with customers and resolving any issues reported via the support email account.
- Provisioning / de-provisioning the following services:
- Hot Spot Users
- Handling data suspends and restores.
- Maintaining monitoring software and making sure all data contained therein is correct and up to date.
- Reports monthly on wireless network capacity.
- Provide exceptional technical support for all commercial calls to ensure our level of customer service remains unmatched by our competitors.
- Must possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic PC skills and tech background with a working knowledge of all Microsoft Windows platforms, Microsoft Office programs and networking is also required
- Must have a knowledge of email software and configuration. Familiar with Outlook and other email clients.
- Must possess a high level of energy and motivation.
- Must have good attendance, good work history and a positive attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Good organizational and follow-up skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent communication skills dealing with all levels of employees and customers.
- Ability to work various shifts which may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- At least one year of technical support experience
- HS diploma