Voice Field Technicians install and troubleshoot data services, telephone services, and other communications services for our customers.
Voice Field Technician Job Responsibilities
- Installation of AMA TechTel’s products and services.
- Service and maintenance of AMA TechTel’s products and services.
- Assist customers in the diagnosing of customer system and equipment problems.
- Assist other departments when needed.
- Perform normal duties during on call rotation.
- Maintain company vehicle.
- Maintain significant amounts of company inventory.
- Maintain accurate records concerning job activities.
- Basic wiring knowledge (multi pair, cross over, T56A / B, T1, RJ45 Patch panel, 66 block, and RJ45 jack box)
- Basic use of butt set, probe, and ability to tone and tag wiring runs
- Ability to run new cables through walls, ceilings, etc…using guides and leads
- Familiar with different types of telecom runs (digital, analog, POTS) and their associated voltages
- Able to use a cable tester to determine viability of all wire pairs and troubleshoot when there are bad pairs
- Phone system administration experience a plus (ESI and ShoreTel)
- Ability to work independently and manage daily workload in order to take trouble issues to completion
- Technician must have their own reliable vehicle
- Network experience
- PC experience
- IP Telephony
- We offer a highly competitive compensation plan including excellent benefits with 401K and starting salary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Installation or networking experience: 3 years